About the client:
The client is an application service provider offering hosted solutions to manufacturers and their partners for savings of as much as 60% off the cost of supporting commerce and related IT infrastructure in-house. The client had two separate platforms that were built using different technologies, were designed or built separately, and had their own objectives to be met.
- To migrate the ASP platform into Java with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) orientation.
- To execute loose coupling of the platform written in ASP for better efficiency because it had a large part of business logic written in the form of stored procedures and thus were tightly coupled.
- To clearly distinguish the business logic layer from the presentation layer to make the code scalable and maintainable.
- Creating services (SaaS model) wherever clear distinction between the business logic and the presentation layers exists.
- Focusing on those areas that do not have clear distinction but need rework or refactoring to convert them to services.
- Creating services such as infrastructure services, atomic services, and aggregate business services from scratch and deploying these in a cloud environment.
Java/J2EE, .NET, Data integration Web services, SQL Server SSIS, and SOA