In the current environment, business practices, policies, and execution methodologies keep undergoing changes even as newer and better technologies emerge. In such a scenario, one of the biggest challenges faced by organizations is to manage IT well enough to keep it in sync with the business, while capitalizing on current assets.
Software maintenance is one of the important phases of a product lifecycle. It represents the improvements made to the existing software to provide a competitive edge in any industry. Cybage helps you in accomplishing the task with its proven approaches to application/product maintenance through maintenance or end-client specific releases. The range of these maintenance activities is from small fixes for existing defects to implementation of new business rules in an established product.
Cybage executes well-planned knowledge transition and product ramp-up processes to confirm that the offshore team completely understands the client’s product and business standpoint. If any changes are proposed to a system, Cybage does the impact analysis of these changes using its proven skills. The outcome of this analysis is used to project the propagated effects to the other parts of the system. In any maintenance project, the impact analysis phase is important because it helps comprehend the effect of the design change and release on the product. Consequently, the client can make an informed decision regarding the implementation of any change.
- Offshore and onsite maintenance
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting
- Bug tracking and reporting
- Fine-tuning of the product functionality
- Research, design, and implementation of new features
- The performance of the software must be maintained (perfective maintenance)
- The errors in specifications, design, and implementation must be corrected
- The final product must also evolve to existence (evolution maintenance)