About the client:
The client provides an integrated suite of mail, logistics, and retail solutions in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region. The client has three main business areas:
- Mail business
- Logistics business
- Retail business
The company has been expanding their business from a postal service to a service provider of third-party logistics and e-commerce. Cybage has been the key contributor in business consultancy and building technology solutions for their rapid expansion plan.
- Integration of e-commerce websites with backend WMS/ERP systems for e-business.
- The e-commerce websites were built with Magento, BigCommerce, Vend, Shopify, EzyFulfillment, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and other custom built web stores.
- The orders from these websites were submitted to the client back-office system for fulfilment, mainly to the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Every time a new e-commerce website was added for hosting, a lot of effort was required to connect it to WMS, leading to scalability, extensibility, and go-to-market turnaround time issues.
- Requirement was of a generic middle layer, which could reduce the rework required due to endpoint changes, and could also support scalability for supporting future growth.
- Developed middle layer for interaction with e-commerce websites and WMS.
- E-commerce websites called the middle layer interfaces with data payload. The payload could be in any format.
- The middle layer formatted and transformed the payload into a standard data format and submitted it in the message queue for further processing.
- The middle layer service core read the messages from the message queue and processed them based on service configurations.
- The service configuration managed the transformations required for various sites, payload formats, transformation formats, and destination warehouse where the payload should finally go, among others.
- The WMS called the respective middle layer services to provide the data back to the e-commerce website.
- Quick integration (by avoiding rework) of new e-commerce websites with the WMS through Middleware.
- Improved go-to-market turnaround time.
- Scalability for supporting future growth.
- Feasibility in terms of various payload formats supported.
- Various communication channels supported (API/file share through FTP).
- Configuration-based system, thereby, providing ease of maintenance.
About the client
The client develops and commercializes high-end fleet management solutions for the transport and logistics sector. Years of experience, R&D efforts, and an intensive focus on customer experience has made it a leading player in its sector. It is active throughout Europe.
The client was building a system for fleet management for logistics companies. There are a wide range of telematics IoT devices through customer tracks (real-time information) such as vehicle information, driver information, and transport information for its clientele.
Key business needs of the client can be summarized as below:
- Need for application/applications to enable accurate and real-time views for clientele (logistics companies) to track vehicles, drivers, and other critical logistics parameters
- Ability to publish real-time updates back to vehicles
- Compliance with regulatory body rules in tracking vehicle diagnostics and driver behaviour
- Usage of trending IoT and sensor technologies for quick transfer of data
- Need for a cost-effective alternative for on-board computers where OBC cannot be deployed
- Solution to remote troubleshoot and perform upgrades on OBC
- Need for a decision-making platform to crunch telematics data captured from different devices
- Pushing real-time updates to vehicles within a fraction of seconds using latest push technologies
- IoT enabled applications for capturing real-time sensors information
- Web and Windows Applications for:
- Tracking and maintenance of engine diagnostics, real-time status/position, driver working hours as per the country regulations
- Planning creation and sending to vehicles, displaying historical routes on maps
- Sending and receiving messages to/from vehicles
- Alarms, displaying real-time overview of vehicles, creating and sending routes to vehicles, driving behavior including speeding, over RPM, hard deceleration/acceleration, idle engine alarm and geo-fencing alarm, fuel consumption, mileage calculation
- Real time and historical location of vehicles and vehicle status including low voltage alarm, high engine temperature alarm, engine fault code recording
- Remote options:
- To change device/customer settings such as enabling and disabling particular features
- To view log information of the devices for troubleshooting through responsive applications
- Firmware update using restful services
- Mobile apps:
- To capture data where OBC cannot reach and later synch with OBC/remote application
- As an alternative for OBC where OBC is not cost effective
- Easy integration with other fleet management systems or host systems through web services
- BI platform to provide dashboards to focused groups
• Enhanced time-to-market
• Increased customer satisfaction with better maintenance and control on device from remote location
• Enhanced business with an array of options available to integrate and use
• Competitive pricing, pay-per-module pricing model
• Advanced IoT platform that is configurable and adaptable to new devices or sensors
About the client:
The client is one of the leading online providers of aftermarket auto parts in the U.S. They offer a wide range of high standard replacement parts, performance parts, and accessories. The client owns over 75 K SKUs primarily sold through its e-commerce platforms.
- Integration of ERP, WMS, POS and other heterogeneous systems in Supply Chain
- Need for critical customizations in ERP system to have pricing strategies by client
- Need to sustain growing customer demand and performance levels
- Ability to handle over 300 active field operators concurrently
- Need for a highly configurable solution to enable easy upgrades and allow client wise workflows
- Need for a demand planning solution to handle changing customer trends
- Robust Integration Layer:
- Developed a robust integration layer between ERP and all Point of Sales (POS) systems and e-commerce websites
- Took care of real time purchase order and SKU receipts in this integration
- Inventory reconciliation and real time transfer for delta from POS to ERP
- Rich UI based purchase reconciliation tool for faster transfer between POS and ERP during peak seasons
- Migrated the operations from legacy WMS to HighJump
- Forecasting tool integration:
- Integrated demand data control application with WMS and POS
- Identified and implemented business rules to generate demand data
- Enabled configurability of the rules to handle changing trends
- Highly integrated Supply Chain environment improved Supply Chain visibility multifold
- Shifting of paper-based operations to automated flows using RF devices increased efficiency and decreased labour costs
- Enhanced support during peak seasons and SLA compliance
- Rule-based demand forecasting enhanced overall Supply Chain planning and execution
- Real-time updates between POS, ERP, and WMS reduced back orders and improved stock efficiencies
- Configurable solution for easy onboarding of clients or new workflows